Regional Guides to Ecological Forestry
The goal of the regional guides on ecological forestry is to provide science and insight at as local a level as possible in order to assist foresters in creating site specific silvicultural prescriptions. For each region or locality we would like to be able to present:
- Examples of ecological forest management from the region.
- Brief summary of research on the central issues facing foresters.
- Any tools or web sites particularly useful for the region.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF REBUILDING THESE PAGES ON THE NEW WEBSERVER
Great Lakes Region
- Acadian Forests – Focused on Baxter State Park, Maine
- Eastern Hemlock and Hemlock Woolly Adelgid
- Hemlock - Beech - Oak - Pine Forests
- Northern Hardwood Forest
- Restoration and Resilience in New Jersey's Forests
- Spruce - Fir Forests
- Appalachian Hardwoods - Focused on Crummies Creek Tree Farm
- Oak-Hickory Forests of the Ozarks – Focused on the Pioneer Forest
- Longleaf Pine
- News & Events
- Our Work
- Join Us
- About Us
- Youth Corps
Your gift promotes ecologically, economically, and socially responsible forestry.
Please support the Forest Stewards Guild