Become a Model Forest
The Forest Stewards Guild Model Forest program recognizes places, people, and relationships that foster sustainable forest management and demonstrate successful silviculture.
The Guild is currently accepting pre-applications!
The basic steps to become a model forest are:
- Review the program criteria.
- Submit a pre-application (to contact information below).
- The Guild will review the pre-application, and if criteria and program objectives are met, the Guild will provide a pre-application approval letter, cost of designation, and request a full application within 90 days.
- Submit a full application within the requested 90 day timeline.
- Have a field review of your forest by a minimum of three Guild professional members.
- The field team present their findings to the Model Forest Committee who either accept or reject the candidate forest.
- The forest and its manager recieves recognition and accolades of their colleagues!
Here are the documents needed to become a Model Forest:
For more information, contact Mike Lynch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support the Guild
- About Us
- Youth Corps
Your gift promotes ecologically, economically, and socially responsible forestry.
Please support the Forest Stewards Guild